That man is me, Tony Nelson. It's true. I went to Memphis, Tennessee to visit my friend/superhero, Super Suave. I rode a megabus down there. The megabus itself wasn't bad, but the 10 hour ride wasn't too pleasurable. The one down there left Chicago at 10:15 PM. The returning bus left Memphis at 11:15 PM.
However, everything else about the trip was just dandy. I really didn't see anything special about the city itself, except for the fact that there was a pyramid and a prominent police presence. But just being there with Super Suave was fun. I had a good time. Here's some of the stuff we did:
- Ate BBQ nachos
- Skipped rocks along the Mississippi River
- Walked along a 5 block long replica of the Mississippi River in a seemingly deserted park-like place on Mudd Island
- Went to Hope church, which has it's own recording studio (which I got a nice tour of), and a sanctuary that fits like 5,000 (and I got to see their video control room)
- Spent 2 hours at Guitar Center
- Went on an adventurous hike in a park, ended up on private property checking out abandoned farming vehicles, and getting about a billion of those seeds that stick to your clothes stuck on my shirt.
- Went to Texas Roadhouse and stuffed myself (right before getting on the return 10 hour bus ride... not smart)
- Ate pizza while sitting on a fence
- Watched Law Abiding Citizen
- Got semi-lost looking for a disc golf course
- Went disc golfing on a dusty course