Sunday, July 8, 2007

Sunburn-o-licious


So obviously (or maybe not so obviously) this isn't my back. BUT I did get burned about that bad, or worse on my entire back. On Friday I was weeding in my backyard (topless!) for less than an hour, but I still got burned horribly. Saturday my back started to itch. I don't mean like -oh scratch my back for a second-. I mean like
SCRATCH MY BACK DOWN TO THE BONE NOW WITH A WIRE BRUSH OR I WILL GO FREAKIN INSANE!!!!!! No joke. I'm telling you, I've never had anything itch so horribly in my life. Plus, when I did scratch it, it burned horribly because of my sunburn.
So now that you've heard me complain about it, you can hear the plus side. I might be completely insane from thinking this, and if I am, it's still okay. I think God is trying to get my attention. I've ignored him for so long and he's such a small part of my life that there's no other way for him to get me. You see, I've had a serious string of injuries for the past month. I'm not the kind of person that gets hurt a lot, so I'm trying to find a purpose in all my pain. I mean... why else would I be getting myself injured and burned and whatever else? Yeah, it could just be a run of my carelessness showing, but I'd rather find a good purpose in it all. What do you think?
-Burn Boy

3 comments:

Jon said...

You know what I think. Time to listen.

I think there comes a time when we ignore God long enough that He moves on. Yeah, He still loves you and will use you ... but that thing that He designed you for, He's moved on. The people He wanted you to reach, He got someone else to do it.

Stop. Listen. Obey.

Hannah said...

I agree with Jon's assessment of the situation-
and I thought I'd leave you with some words to a wonderful song-

Burn victim girl
I love you with feeling
Burn victim girl
You are appealing

Tony Nelson said...

hannah, i've got no clue what that song has to do with