Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Sleepy on my Motorcycle

Don't really know what the deal is, but for the past several months I've been worn out. I get tired at like 7pm. Not just like "Oh, I'm kind of worn out." But like "I feel like I've been awake for days. I will fall asleep instantly." On days when I get to sleep in it's a little better. But I still am ready to go to sleep way to early. Not so long ago I could be up until 2am with no problem.

The problem could be many things. I've been contemplating what it could be, and I have not discovered anything yet.

You might not think it's that terrible, but when I get up for work at 7, get ready for work and go to work, and get home about 6 or 7... you see it's one entire day of just work. I got no time for anything else. I'd be fine going to bed at 7 if I was done with work at like 2 so I could do other stuff. It's not that I hate work or that work completely wears me out.

I dunno. I'm tired right now. You can see this post is after 7pm. Far after 7pm. So I'm like a zombie right now.

Now for my motorcycle.

I purchased a motorcycle in the fall for 300 bux about. Haven't done any work on it until a few weeks ago. I knew it had a bad oil leak. Long story short, it was the clutch push rod oil seal that was bad and was a pain in the butt to figure out how to replace it. Finally got that in.

Missing a turn signal light. John Erwin had one that he gave me. All set there.

Battery was shot. Got a new one. Realized I had to put the fluid in the battery myself. Kind of an awkward experience filling a battery with acid for the first time. Got that charged and ready.

Then I just needed to change my oil. No big deal. Until I went to put the oil plug back in and I discovered that the oil plug itself is not stripped, but the oil pan is stripped out. So I ask around and get a few ideas. I snatched up a few universal oil plugs to try them out, find out which one works. Out of the 2 I got, neither worked. Frustration. Then I went to the store and snatched another style. Didn't work either. So I put some thread lock crap on the oil plug and screwed it in to whatever insignificant threads were in the hole and I'm letting it dry now. I'll throw some oil in it tomorrow and see what happens.

I think I'm going to end up just buying a new oil pan. I heard they're like 30 bux on ebay.

And that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Zombie out.

No comments: