Thursday, November 29, 2007

Drummin ina BAND

Just this past Monday I started taking drum lessons with Brian Ford. The lesson was a lot different than I thought it would be, but I like it. I don't know how much drumming I'm going to be doing though. I don't know how much longer I can take practicing with these guys. I miss being in Barefeet. It was nice having Jon pick out the songs and telling us how we're doing them. He gave us the option to pick other songs, he was always open to alternatives, but that wasn't necessary. In this band, everybody has a different idea of what they want to play and how they want to play. I don't think it matters that much. Just pick how the songs going and make it work. Its frustrating to go through 7 songs that we already know but still take 2.5 hours to get through them.

4 comments:

Jon said...

You're going to be a professional. Yeah!! I hear your frustration ... sorry. There are some really good aspects to having everyone having a say ... but also some really bad ones if there is no clear cut leader.

Jeremy said...

yeah, i agree with you tony. there is too much arguing and complaining about who is doing what right and wrong. maybe someone (hint, hint) should come out as the leader.

Jon said...

What? You're bringing in Bono to be your leader?

Anonymous said...

Good words.