Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Off Roading

This happened a few days ago... like Friday or Saturday night. I went off roading in my truck, with Steve following in his S-10, and Drew following him in his Land Rover. We had only been gone for about 10 minutes, and I approached a small mud pit. I assessed the pit as I approached it, and figured I'd make it (after all, I'd been through waaaay bigger pits than this one). So I gun it and about half way my truck turns sideways and I get stuck.

Drew pulls up behind me, and tries to pull me out with a rope I had. The rope snapped. We sent Steve to go get chains. About 20 minutes later we see him walking back, he had gotten stuck. Steve said Luke had come out in his truck, and saw Steve's truck stuck, so Luke went to go get chains. Then Luke went to go pull out Steve, and while he was working on that, I went with Drew to go get some more chains so he could pull me out.

While we were at camp, we picked up Craig, and he grabbed a camp diesel 4x4 truck and chains, and he followed us out to where I was stuck. He hooked the chains up to my bumper and tried pulling me out. After he bent the bumper a little bit, and moved me about an inch, he reconnected the chains to my suspension. Man did he have to struggle to get me outta that pit. It took quite some time and some serious yanking on my truck to get it out.

So after he got me out, we headed out to where Steve was stuck. Apparently Luke had gotten stuck trying to pull Steve out. But they pushed him out, and then he was able to pull Steve out. So then we all took off outta there, with Luke leading the way. He got stuck again. So craig pulled him out pretty quickly. Then we finally made it outta there!

So we started off with 3 trucks, only one of them a 4x4 and 7 people. We ended up with 5 vehicles out there, only 2 4x4s, and 10 people. Trucks got stuck a total of 4 times. 1 ripped rope. 2 bent bumpers. Off roading for about 10 minutes, but we were out there for 3 hours.

I guess I shouldn't go off roading after it rains for like 3 days straight...

And all our vehicles are ok, except Steve's bumper is totally jacked up. My bumper is bent a little it, but no real damage... at least that I've seen so far... (but my truck got so full of mud... it was awesome!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey tony this is faith. I wish i could os been there with you that would of ben funny to see. oh well!!