Sunday, May 24, 2009

It Bugs Me

Today I began reading one of Dave's books "Beyond the compass." It got me thinking about that all to common phrase "God's dumbest though is smarter than your smartest thought. (as if God has dumb thoughts)" Eventually my thoughts came around to things that I don't understand... things that have come to bother be about Christianity. One thing that bothers me is that God doesn't talk to me. Like audibly I want to hear His voice through my ears like I'd hear anybody else talk. Thats what I want, that's what I think I need. Obviously God doesn't agree. That's just something I don't like right now. I think I'm going to come up with a list of things that bother people about Christianity, why they bother, and how to work through that issue. So... what bothers you?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You know for the whole, "God not talking to you" thing. I think thats a bunch of bull. You probably do hear it, you just cannot tell that it is God. Like for instance, at a Spark show not to long back, during one of their songs there was a part of just instruments and as I was listening to each one by itself( as best i could) I felt a breeze and the heard a clear voice say, "It is time." When I heard it I thought I was going crazy or something. Then at the Gathering last Friday, they were playing that same song, the instrumental came and then I felt a breeze again and heard, "It is time," again. At that moment, I knew it was God talking to me, and I got the biggest smile on my face. I was a teary eyed and I went up and just knew that I needed to be prayed over by a leader or Youth Pastor standing up at the front. I just knew it was God talking to me. When he first spoke back at the show, I had no clue it was him. I thought my mind was just playing tricks on me or something. But I was proven wrong. He does talk to you audibly... you just need to figure out when, if you hear something and even slightly think it is God, ask someone hat they think, dont forget what you heard, and pray about it to see if he is trying to tell you something. Trust me, it will work. I love ya bro...