Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Too Busy

One month ago it was April 27th, five days away from finals. I was really looking forward to school being done... I'd be done with homework and I'd have so much more time on my hands. In this past month I've managed to read by bible about 5 times. I've managed to pray just a few times (not including before meals). I've really managed my time horribly. I have more time now, but I seem to fill it up so fast. I've forgotten about time and I just go... I go do whatever.

SBR is one of the easiest places to build your relationship with Christ... but it's also the easiest spot to not. It's so easy to go sailing instead of doing my daily devotional. It's so easy to mini-golfing instead of reading "My Utmost." It's way too easy to go dirt biking instead of going and being alone with God.

This past month I've always chosen the sailing, mini-golfing, and dirt biking side. I've been feeling it too. I'm drained. I get 10 hours of sleep and I wake up still tired. Low motivation, low energy. Whether it's right or not, I'm blaming my laggishness on my weak spiritual life. I'm digging back in now. I can't live like this all summer and not burn out. I must be ready... for myself and for the campers. You know what I'm sayin?

2 comments:

Jon said...

You're right. All throughout Scripture we see that our spiritual life if intricately tied to our physical life.

I've been thinking a lot about the concept of what you give your heart to. I'd encourage you to focus this summer on NOT giving your heart to camp or campers. Instead, consciously give your heart to Jesus. As you do that, He will empower you to do what needs to be done at and for SBR

Tony Nelson said...

My job is for the campers. I'm doing the sound board so that the campers can hear the band... not so that Jesus can hear the band. I'm printing pictures for the campers... not for Jesus.

I know Silver Birch is working for Jesus and His kingdom. I'm just saying it's going to be hard to remember that I'm doing all these things for the campers to help in the process of knowing Jesus better.

You know what I'm sayin?