Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Gathering

So last night we had the Gathering at H20. It was amazing. Probably the best Gathering we've had in a while. I could ramble on forever on everything that happened, but I'll just tell you what hit me the hardest, and I'll make it short.
We (youth pastors and leaders) were told to go grab students one at a time and pray for them. I prayed for a few people. Then I went back to my seat and got back to worshiping. The whole time we were praying, the band was playing a song and singing, we could pray or sing or do whatever we wanted, so I was singing. I look to my left and see this guy who's about 35 and I get the strongest feeling that I need to go pray with him. I talk myself out of it and avoid looking at him. Then about 5 minutes after I'm over it, Megin leans over and asks me "why didn't you pray with that man." Man was I crushed. I knew I was supposed to pray with that guy, and chickened out, ignored my feelings. Well after the Gathering was over Megin took him aside and prayed with him. Turns out he needed some prayer. I had a chance to pray with this guy, and God was shouting at me, telling me to pray and I didn't do it. I missed out, and I felt horrible.
Besides that, the Gathering was wicked awesome. God was totally working in everybody there. You could just feel something great was happening in that room. I never feel like I'm worshiping God, but monday night, I was totally giving all of me to Him. I held nothing back and completely gave Him what he deserved... the hard part now is continuing to do that, but I'm trying.

2 comments:

Megin Lea said...

It's okay Jonah.

=]

Unknown said...

I agree, it was wicked awesome!

and we all chicken-out...dont worry bout it bro...

and thanks for praying over me...