Thursday, May 29, 2008

Surprise Surprise

Like I said before, this job isn't what I expected at all. Yesterday I spent my entire 8 hours of work doing manual labor. Not stuff like Jon saying "Oh go do this for me" but like Jon, Brad and I moving a 500 lb stage out and around the church. To a certain degree, I expceted training on how to write a lesson, where to look for ideas... you know, stuff you'd expect a youth pastor to be doing. I'm finding out there's a lot more to being a Youth Pastor than I imagined... which is good. I like that I've been doing in the past 4 days. Yeah, I've been super busy and am tired (it would be awesome if I had my futon to sleep on), but I enjoy doing this stuff.

Lastnight I talked to my mom and faith and briefly sara. My mom was talkin away and I wasn't saying much. She said it seemed like I didn't want to talk much, and honestly I didn't. I knew all you guys missed me, but I didn't really feel like I missed you guys, and I didn't really feel like talking to you. But the fact is that I do miss you guys. I miss everyone there and everything I did there. It's great here and I'm having a great time, but I have a lot of people that I care about and miss. I'm really looking forward to coming home tomorrow. I can't wait to see you guys.

1 comment:

Brian M. Childers said...

So does this mean we're doing taco hut? :)

-brian