Thursday, December 4, 2008

Goals Update

So I had some goals this break. Here they are again, and then how I'm doing with each one:

  • Re-read Deadly Viper: Character Assassins and actually make some serious applications to my life (I decided not to read this, partially because I don't know where I put the book, and partially because I feel that God will show me what he wants in these next three books)

  • Read Constrarian's Guide to Knowing God: Spirituality for the Rest of Us by Larry Osborne, Stand Against the Wind: Awaken the Hero Within by Erwin Raphael McManus, and Practicing Greatness: 7 Disciplines of Extraodinary Spirutal Leaders by Reggie McNeal. These are 3 books I need to pre-course work that I have for a class next semester. (I began reading "Practicing Greatness." I think I've got like 3 or 4 chapters done. It's better than I would normally do, but it's not as much as I'd like to have done. I need to do about 3 chapters a day, and I've been doing 1 a day. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about this)

  • Do my devotions everyday, along with write in my prayer journal. Devotions first thing in the morning, prayer journal just before bed. (Yeah, this hasn't happened yet. Maybe I can start tonite)

  • Learn how to make a budget (I talked with Jon today about the way he thinks a budget works best. It's pretty interesting. It's going to be a challenge for me to do it, but I will try (I can explain it to you if your really interested))

  • Co/teach a lesson or two in IA (Turns out that this isn't going to work out, so this isn't going to happen, but that's ok. Teaching was not actually my goal, I don't know how to explain what this goal behind teaching is, but there are other ways I can accomplish it)

  • Look into some information about Moody, Trinity, Oak Hills, and Northwestern (Hasn't happened yet. I'll probably wait till I get back to kenosha to do this, and I will probably apply to all four places)

  • Make a day trip to Chicago (I need me some Portillo's!) (AHHH... not yet, not sure when. it's not important, its just if i have time I'll throw it in)

  • Eat at OCB at least 3 times (Eh... I'm changing it to once, and I haven't gone yet)

  • Get a shelf to use at camp (Not yet)

  • Watch LOTR (I'm half way through the second one)
    Win the lottery (or get an inheritance from some lost uncle at a worth of about 3 million dollars) (My great great uncle, twice removed died and for some reason I get 300,000 from him. His name is Fergnun (It's french or somethin))

  • Practice my farting on command skills (I can now fart on command, aren't you proud?)

  • Spend some time with my family (Spent a little time with them, I'm not at home now though, but when I get back I'll spend plenty of time with them. I'll probably spend too much time with them. They'll probably get sick of me.)

  • Get in a jogging habit (Jon, I'm going to ask for your help on this one) (Actually... I've gone jogging. I ran on a treadmill for 20 minutes on monday or tuesday night. I ran almost two miles. Pretty good for not exercising for like 3 years)

  • and, hang with a ton of my good friends (if your name isn't listed, then you are one of my good friends: Michael Jackson, Joel Osteen, and Big Bird) (Oh yeah baby... I've hunged with my peeps, you know what I'm sayin?)

There's the update on those. Here are a few new ones:



  • Work on making my daily schedule
  • When I get home, to put up about a million lights on my house
  • Relationship work
  • Get some resist-a-bands

No comments: