Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Stuck in my truck...

Today I definitely had one of those moments where it's like "God, what was Your purpose in that?" And then you spend a rediculous amount of time thinking about it, and you come up with a plethora of possible answers.

Here's the story: I went down by Hollister River here, and I got stuck trying to turn around. That hill of an ice road and my truck do not mix. It wasn't even a big hill! It was like a little baby hill... but nonetheless, it was solid ice and my truck just could not make it... even after 20 minutes of trying to chip the ice away, i ripped one of my bags of sand open and tried to use that, I had some wood in my toolbox that failed to do anything, and I used some leaves on the side of the road, and finally my floormats (don't even waste your time trying to use floormats if you get stuck. I've got too many experiences trying to use them and they just make it worse!).
So I finally give up and put everything back in my truck and figure I'll just walk back to camp (cuz my freakin phone is turned off!). I start walking back, but after I got about 10 steps away from my truck, I just had the biggest urge to give it one more try. I got in, started it up and took off! I actually moved! ...about 4 feet and then got stuck again. So I'm freakin out like yellin at God. I'm like "Come on, God. I know you just moved my truck that 4 feet, PLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSSSEEEEE get me outta here the rest of the way!" Well.. no luck. So I start to walk back.
The walk would have been like an hour. I knew there were a few houses about a block away from where I was stuck so I figured I'd go ask them. Thankfully, the first house I tried a guy had a 4x4 and towed me out.

The whole time this thing is going on, I am thinking and quesitoning "God, what is the point of this?" And trust me, I came up with plenty of ideas. At no point did I get frustrated or mad or in a bad mood. Not even the ride back... but once I got back to camp I just got in a bad mood. I'm really letting this get to me and I don't know why. Maybe it's cuz I don't know the purpose. Was there even a purpose, or did i just get stuck cuz I inattentively drove down an icy road?

Who knows... and the more I type about it the more frustrated I get! I must stop!

2 comments:

Super Suave said...

Dude, I know what you mean. I had something similar happen to me about a week or so ago. I usually stop off over at Pets Park waiting for David G to come out of class about 2 hours later. Any way, I decided to go one parking lot further than what I normally do, didn't realize there was some snow that hadn't been cleared, and I just hit it, and got stuck. It took me about 45 minutes to get out. I used just about anything I could find, I even had to go through a dumpster to get cardboard and newspapers(my sandbags were frozen)! So I finally got out, papers shredded, and found out I was in just 3 inches of snow, but underneath was just sheer ice. That was annoying, and I can understand your frustration. I would say that both of our cases were just from us not really paying attention to our surroundings, I know I wasn't happy about it either, but I didn't let it get to me, you shouldn't either.

Anonymous said...

Tony, i must say something! Your life rally sucks!!