Friday, September 24, 2010

New Read

Just started reading The Barbarian Way by Erwin Raphael McManus. Just finished the first chapter, and I gotta say... I love it so far. I am definitely tired of how ritualistic, institutionalized, and lethargic Christianity and the Church has become. I want to embrace a barbaric faith that is real and untainted, true and passionate. Lets just say, I look forward to the rest of this book, and I look forward to seeing God make some changes in my mind and my heart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Draw night unto God and God shall draw nigh unto you.

No church is perfect in this life, but if your church has faithful, sound Biblical preaching, you should not take it for granted.
You can only epect impossible from God, never from people.
True children of God are rare and you're lucky if you find one or two in a church (which may have hundred of people). They are the people always happy to talk about God and what goes on in their lives and walk with God.
This particular scenario you're in may be a test from God, make sure you seek HIm and not your own.