Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Who do we pray to?

Sometimes when people pray, I hear them pray to God. That's great. Sometimes I hear people pray to Jesus. That's cool. And sometimes I hear people pray to the Holy Spirit. And I wonder... are we supposed to pray to the Holy Spirit. We are to pray in the Holy Spirit (Romans 8:26), but do we pray TO the Holy Spirit. Technically, the three are one. But still... do we address the Holy Spirit directly when we pray? I think about this from time to time, but I've never taken the time to investigate.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We pray to the Father for and by the Holy Spirit in the name of Jesus.

Unknown said...

According the holy trinity doctrine you can or you can pray to all three at the same time. Its whatever way you choose. Although most people have restricted the method.

Princess said...

That's a good question. I've heard people say In the name of the father the son and the holy spirit . In my house we say in Jesus' name...I've never thought about praying to the holy spirit. I'm actually confused about the whole holy spirit thing. Maybe it's because I don't go to church often. =/