Monday, June 8, 2009

Girls vs. God

An old friend once said that when there's a girl in my life, that I don't leave room for God. Looking back at my dating relationships, it's true. This is more bad news for me.

I like attention from girls, and I like giving them my attention. When there's a girl I just seem to devote all my free time and attention to them. When I have the option of hanging out with a girl, or going and hanging out with God... you can guess who wins every time.

In light of this... I've got 2 options: don't get married ever, or start working on that. As much as I want to get married, staying single isn't that bad. I wouldn't have to worry about taking care of a family. And I would feel sorry for any girl that ends up with me... I'm a messed up guy. I've got lots of downfalls and problems that I wouldn't want to make any girl deal with. As I said though, I'd really like to get married. I love the idea of having a wife and a family of my own.

SO! That leaves me with working on my problem (one of the many problems I've got). I need to stop doing some things and start doing other things. I guess it really comes down to being a MOG. I need to become a MOG. I'm definitely not acting like one right now, and I haven't been for a long time. I gotta stop devoting so much time to girls and more to God.

1 comment:

Jon said...

A MOG - do you remember that series we did way back when? Just you, G, Adam and Canada. Good times.

Love you man & I'm praying for you today.