Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Spider Sticks

I went to the Field Museum today as a field trip for my music class. We had a worksheet that we had to fill out as we worked our way through the Africa exhibit. There was a story on an exhibit that was about a spider who communicated to the people for the gods. The spider lived in a hole in the ground and only one man knew how to communicate with the spider. By placing 3 sticks over the hole of the spider's home, and interpreting how the spider arranged the 3 sticks upon his exit of his house, the man could tell anybody how to solve any problem.

So I've got a problem. About a month ago I was thinking about whether to stay home this summer or work at camp. About two weeks ago I decided to stay home. I was still willing to work at camp, but God would have to give a pretty big sign to show me that way. Today I was told that camp could really use me in the tech department. Like they really needed me. (Not because I'm super cool or amazing, but just because I know how to do the job and I'm capable of doing it properly). I'm really torn because on one hand, there's thousands of kids and families that I could be serving and ministering to this summer. But on the other hand... I want to be able to spend the summer with my family (especially Faith), and Adam, and get a money making job. Can you interpret the spider's sticks for me?

1 comment:

Jeremy said...

If you asked God to show you a big sign that you should work at camp, wouldn't craig calling you after you said you weren't gonna work be a big thing? and saying that they really need you?