Wednesday, February 10, 2010

to sponsor or to follow...

I've been reading through a few books lately. Just finished reading through two of Donald Miller's books. Currently reading "Do Hard Things" and "I became a christian and all I got was this lousy t-shirt." I'm just being challenged to change. In "Do Hard Things" there was this idea that many people have become complacent in their lives, wanting to just do the bare minimum and get by comfortably. That's like the story of my life! In the lousy T-shirt book (I'm only like 3 chapters in), its challenging me to think more about following Jesus than just supporting his cause by wearing a 5 dollar T-shirt I bought. The combination of all of these books (plus reading a lot of scripture lately) has just caused me to become aware of my apathy. I want to live a life that can be turned into a great story. A story about a guy who decided to follow Jesus and experience life on the edge, full of excitement, adventure, dangers, failure and success.

Too bad I'm already in college. It's too late for me now.

No comments: