Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Prayer I Fear

So I've been thinking about how I live so much like I don't need Christ. So I thought about praying "God, show me that I need Christ." But I didn't pray it. Because I fear what will happen. It just sounds like a dangerous prayer. In my mind, the way God would show me would be to take away things from me, the things I depend on. This brings to mind my truck, my laptop, my job, my family, and a few certain friends (not necessarily in that order). You know, I really don't feel like losing any of those things. So I'm still afraid to pray that prayer. I do really need to be reminded that I need Jesus. I can easily just say that to myself, but to feel like I need Him... it's just not happening. And I'm too afraid to ask.

(This doesn't mean I want you to ask for me, either.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should not be afraid to pray that prayer.I don't specifically pray for that particular prayer, but always embrace daily challenges with "Thy will be done", and pray that He may give me the strength, wisdom, grace and patience to deal with it, which He always does as He is faithful and no man's debtor.
Gold encourages us to be of good courage and bids us to walk on water, yet tells us O yea of little faith...so , be bold and step on that water, you won't sink.