Saturday, May 19, 2007

oye

So I work at Supervalu. I started as a bagger, but moved to the grocery(stocking) department. When I moved to my new department, I was supposed to get a raise to 7 bucks. So about a month ago, for some odd reason, I looked at the details on my check. It said I was getting paid $6.75. Yeah, a quarter may not seem like a big deal, but it was to me. So i looked at all of my old pay-check stubs, and none of them said I was getting paid 7 bucks. So that's been for like the past 4 months at least that I've been getting under-paid. So that one quarter an hour adds up. So I tell the store manager and he says he'll take care of it. It's been a month and my checks still aren't right! UH! Its started to get really frustrating.
My next story about work is that I signed up for direct deposit for my check like a month ago and it's still not working. It should only take two weeks, so that's frustrating me even more.
My third story about work (and my last) is about picking up my last paycheck. Here it is: I go into work and pick up my check, open it up, and see it's for 129.65. Not bad. I look at my wage and it says 775. Too far, it's only supposed to be 7. so i go look for the store manager, he's not there. whatever, i'll talk with him later. so i go to the bank and as i grab the door to walk in, i look at the name on the check and it says "ANTHONY AIELLO." Yeah, that's not my name. So i go back and pick up the right check and guess what... it's the exact same amount. My paycheck is 129.65 so i could have cashed his check and it wouldnt have mattered.
HOLY COW! How much more crap can happen at my work? I guess I'll keep you posted on what crazy crap happens next.
-OH ONE MORE THING! the guys i work with want to have a "Supervalu Dodgeball Tournement" at my church sometime soon. we'll see how that works out.
That's all folks!

1 comment:

Jon said...

Yeah SuperValu!! I think that you should slowly start to gather support from the other produce guys, and then stage a coup and overthrow "The Man"! THEN you could either pay yourself lots of money or take baths in JELL-O (I vote for JELL-O). Sweet!!

[Oh yeah, go for the dodgeball tournament!!]