Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Faith

I recently listened to a recorded message from a guy at SBR. It's about three years old. This guy was talking about his faith. He began by talking about his faith as a child and teenager. I swear my life is just like his. He said he grew up in a Christian home, being quite involved in church activities, obeying his parents, mainly being a good guy. To others, he seemed like a great Chirstian guy, but to him things just weren't right. For years he struggled with his relationship with God, and he couldn't figure out why. He eventually realized he had his faith in the wrong place. He had faith not in God, but in everything else. One thing he said that kinda hit me was he had faith in other people for having faith.
I think that I am the new millennium version of this guy. Ever since I was a young boy in Middle School till now I've struggled with having faith. I don't know what it is, but I'm just tired of living the way I am. I totally need to overhaul my heart. It's just not in the right place and it's about time I get it where it needs to be.

No comments: