Sunday, August 24, 2008

Cheater

So, this idea of cheating popped up in church today. Pastor Anderson used this verse today and it got me thinkin...

"You will call me 'my husband'; you will no longer call me 'my master.'" God says that's in Hosea 2:16. So in my mind these questions pop up: Does that mean each time we sin, we cheat on God? How many times will God let us cheat on Him before He stops alluring us back?


Those questions kinda make me feel bad, and they scare me. Being cheated on feels horrible, and I cheat on God each time I sin. It kind of makes me want to not sin. Ever again. What do you think?

1 comment:

Jon said...

I'm liking the blogs!

Yup, that's what we are ... cheaters. What's amazing is that even though we continually cheat, God continually not only takes us back, but pursues us. That concept messes with me.