Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Talking with God


I constantly hear stuff about coming to God humbly and praying with holy reverence. True indeed. But I've also heard that when you come to God, use your own language and say what you want... because God is a big boy and can handle what you have to say.

The best way for me to think about this is by thinking about a king. If you come before a king, you speak properly, politely, and in completely respect for the king (unless you're looking for trouble). You wouldn't come to a king and start mumbling, rambling, and using any indecent words.

So in light of this, how are you supposed to talk with God? I guess a more specific question I'm looking for is... what is a wrong way to talk to God? Is there such a thing as a wrong way to talk to God?

No comments: