Friday, November 13, 2009

A new plan

I've had several sorry attempts at memorizing scripture, so now I'm on a new venture. My last try was recently, within the past month, to try to memorize Galatians by Christmas. I quickly realized this was a task only for the hardcore, super committed, and plenty of available time person. Not me. I also understood that it was, in a way, rushing too much. In one of my classes we were talking about the best way to memorize scripture (its crazy how your issues get addressed in places or ways you don't expect). I think my plan of action now is to go one verse at a time, adding a verse every 4 days. Each day I aim to recite the verse(s). So for the first 4 days i will recite galatians 1:1, then the next 4 days, 1:1-2. next 4 days 1:1-3. and on and on. When I get to chapter 2, the first day i will recite chapter 1 with the first verse of chapter 2. then after that i won't recite chapter 1 anymore. except when i get to chapter 3, then i will do all of chapter 1 and 2. make sense? probably not, but i get it in my mind.

I've already got one other person in on this, mostly serving as an accountability and encouragement kinda thing. I forget a lot, so it helps to have somebody reminding me. Plus its easier for me to remember to remind somebody else to do something than to remember my own things to do. Da?

Pshea!

No comments: