Monday, July 20, 2009

Fall Plans

So I had a nice discussion with Jon today about what I thought would be about a possible internship. But it ended up a little different. Here's the gist of the conversation:

  • I need to pick a place that will challenge me to grow and learn the most.
  • Staying at SBR would not do that because…
    • It would just be a repeat of this year, except without the good classes
    • Silver birch would suck me in and never let go.
  • Internship is a no-go.
    • It would be sweet to work for and get to know the youth group better.
    • It wouldn’t challenge me at all
  • I gotta get some schooling.

So I’ll get some schooling. I’ve been accepted at Northwestern in St. Paul, and at Trinity in Deerfield. Jeremy is going to Trinity. I’ve already got a huge scholarship for Trinity. Trinity is about 6 hours closer to home than Northwestern. I can have my truck at Trinity (at Northwestern I can’t).

I hate the fact that I’m making this choice just after I’ve talked to Jon because I feel like I’m just making the decision that Jon picked. The thing is though, that I really respect Jon. I think he’s full of great insight and wisdom, and I know God speaks to me and guides me through him.

Plus, earlier in the day I talked with Jason about this a little bit, and he pretty much gave me the same wisdom as Jon did.

Let us continue in prayer, to see if God wants us to go this way.

1 comment:

Jon said...

This "Jon" person you speak of must be pretty amazing. Praying for you man. Loved seeing you this week. Always reminds me how much I miss hanging out with you.