Thursday, July 9, 2009

mmmmMMMMmmm....


My Utmost for His Highest

Do you have even the slightest reliance on anything or anyone other than God?
Yes.

Is there a remnant of reliance left on any natural quality within you, or on any particular set of circumstances?
Oh yeah.

Are you relying on yourself in any manner whatsoever regarding this new proposal or plan which God has placed before you?
Yes

Is your relationship with God sufficient for you to expect Him to exhibit His wonderful life in you?
This is the part where I want to say yes. This is the part where I want my answer to be yes. But this is where I say no. Once in a while, I can answer "yes," but most of the time I depend on myself and don't rely on God at all.

"He did not do many mighty works there because of their unbelief" ( Matthew 13:58 )
I believe, but I forget. I don't wake up each morning dedicating my day to the Lord. I let myself get busy, I let myself go have fun and forget about God. God made everything perfectly, and so it's easy to see His glory everywhere. But it's so perfect, it's easy to not think about where all of life on earth came from, it's easy to forget what God's made and what He's done. I believe, but I forget. Forgetting, in this case, is no different than unbelief.

Do I really dare to let God be to me all that He says He will be?
"I dare" is really what I want to type. But something's holding me back. It's like one of those things where you know it's what's right, it's what you need to do. You know it, but for some reason, you just don't want to do it. I am not going to let that stop me this time, I can't. This time I dare.

No comments: