Tuesday, July 28, 2009

July 28th

August 14th. 17 days between today and the day I leave. I've had 52 days of camp. I've live here at Silver Birch for 347 days. Thats 8328 hours. Or 499,680 minutes. Or 29,980,800 seconds. What have I spent all those seconds doing? I feel like I've spent a lot of time here, but I also feel like this past year has gone by so fast. Looking back, this year has been a blast. Here's a quick review on the year:


Here's what I did well on: never missing a class, building relationships with new friends, serving at camp, serving at ACC, having fun, increasing my off-roading and drifting abilities.

Here's what I didn't do so swell on: building my relationship with Christ, doing my hw, taking care of myself physically, keeping in touch with my family, preparing for next year.

I just look back at this year and think about all of the things I did well and things I didn't do well. A new chapter in my life will be starting, and I don't want to have the same "not-so-swells."

Without a doubt, I will miss this place. I will miss the people. I will miss so much. But I'm looking forward to the future and the new things and new people and new places. I will find new things to love. But my biggest goal for next year (here's where you help encourage me and hold me accountable) is getting to know God better. I want to love Him the most, I want Him to be the center and purpose of my life. So here comes chapter 21...

No comments: