Monday, July 6, 2009

What's next?

People are continually asking me what I'm going to do in the fall. It's starting to get irritating... mostly because I hate saying "I have no clue." My options: Trinity, Northwestern, possibly an internship in Iowa, or go home and work. I have been accepted at Northwestern, but haven't applied for any classes. I haven't been accepted by Trinity yet, but I'm sure I will be soon. I haven't heard from Jon about the internship yet.

I definitely do a bad job of thinking about my future and planning things out. I don't like to... I just want to go day by day. I know I do a terrible job of bringing this to God too.

If I had to put these options in a list by preference, my first pick would be Trinity. My second pick would be internship. Third, Northwestern. Last, work at home. But the strange thing is that I have a feeling like I should go to Northwestern. I've got no clue why, but it's just some strange feeling that's festering inside.

More than that though, I have a big desire to connect with next years NBI students. It's just unusual how much I want to be able to be here for next years class. To help them get used to NBI, to challenge them to grow, to just be there to be a friend.

I don't really know how that would be possible though. I could stay here and intern here... but there's really no job I'd want to intern for a whole year on. Maybe I could be their RA... I'm not really sure. I've just started thinking about this idea in the past few days.

Pray for me, give me advice, yell at me to pick something and get movin. Any encouragement or help in any way would be much appreciated.

1 comment:

Brittany Nicole Petit said...

If Northwestern is really hitting your heart, really pray about it. Maybe the Lord is trying to direct you that way. Seek Him and He will direct your paths (Proverbs 3). God will reveal His plan to you, just constantly be seeking Him!

~Jeremiah 29:11
~Isaiah 55:8,9