Monday, September 7, 2009

House

I was watching this episode of House when this idea just hit me real hard... let me tell you what happened...

Dr. Wilson is washing some dishes, and you see a green coffee mug with some lipstick on it. He looks funny at it, doesn't touch it and just walks off. Later, a patient of his tells him that she wasn't happy at her last job, that she was stuck in a rut and just needed to get out. Later, Dr. Wilson is talking to the patient, and tells her that she's right, and that he's stuck in a rut that he cant get out of. His wife died like ten years ago and hasn't been able to let go, and he doesn't know how to let go. The patient says that the only wrong thing to do is to do nothing. Later you see Dr. Wilson washing dishes again, and you see that green mug with the lipstick on it. The lipstick was his wife's, and it was one of the last things she touched before she died. He left it sitting there for 10 years because he couldn't let go. He picked it up and washed it.

That just really hit me hard. I'm not sure if you can pick up the whole feeling of what's going on there (if you want it, watch season 5 episode 14). I just realized that people go about living their lives as if nothing's wrong. But the truth is that they have massive pain inside of them. Pain that they've been dealing with for a long time, and they don't know how to handle it. Wilson just washed a cup and he was better. But it's not really that easy. I praise God, that he is here to help us through our pains.

There's not really a big pain inside of me that I'm struggling to deal with. It just kills me to think about all the people that have really screwed up lives and don't have God to carry them through it.

It's amazing how God can work in my heart through a show like House.

This youtube video has nothing to do with what I just said, it's just a video you gotta watch. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUJGjTjo7Do

No comments: