Monday, September 14, 2009

Them good ol' Iowa parties

I spent my weekend in the great state of Iowa, for my cousin Tim was marrying his lady friend. My family took off from Kenosha around 2:30 and got there around 8:30. It's supposed to be about a five or five and a half hour drive. We made a pit stop at Happy Joe's in Dubuque and got a meaty pizza. It had bacon, hamburger, sausage, pepperoni, and canadian bacon. Freakin delicious, man!

The wedding was pretty good. It was held at UNI outside. It was a sunny and warm day. I think everybody was a bit warm, but Tim had to be dying up there, considering what he was wearing. But everybody made it without heat stroking out or anything. The dinner was pretty yummy too. I had some Parmesan chicken thing, and there were some people who had some pork stuff that I heard was super delicious. Dancing was decent too. I don't remember going to any receptions for weddings, so I'm not really sure what to base this off of. But there were a few good dancing songs that I enjoyed dancing to (I'm not sure if you can call it dancing though). I didn't break out my breakdance moves though... maybe next time.

It was good to get out to Iowa and see my family and just hang out for a while. It's been over a year since I've had any good hang out time with them. It seems as if most of them are doing pretty good right now, so that's good. Can't wait to see them again.

Congratulations Tim and Steph! I hope that you guys have a fun, loving, growing and thriving marriage!

No comments: