Sunday, January 25, 2009

Chapel


This weekend I led chapel for the dishcrew. The dishcrew consisted of some members of TNT, the middle school youth group at ACC. Of course I ran into some problems (I can never seem to have a worship session where everything goes smoothly...) but we still had a great time. Some of the songs we sang were Trading My Sorrows, You're My Friend, Blessed be the Your Name, He Reigns (probly my new fav song behind trading my sorrows), and It is You. We had three chapel services, with Justin, Sarah, and Tessa each speaking at one.
At the end of chapel today I asked them if they learned anything, if they learned anything that will change their lives. I kinda got some responses, but not really that much. I don't really know these kids, but I know these chapels helped build them up. It's discouraging when nobody really says they learned anything, but it's encouraging to know that we've been planting little seeds in their mind that will sprout up when they get older.

One side note about this... We met in the Erickson room, which I inconveniently found out doesn't have a projector. So I had to type up the songs to make some transparencies... only to spend an hour looking for some blank transparencies unsuccessfully. I searched the office from top to bottom, except for one place. There was a hidden storage shelf on the bottom of the copier where they were. I found that out the next morning, just in time to make the overheads for the second chapel.

1 comment:

Jeremy said...

i'm playin He Reigns tomorrow for the gathering.