Saturday, January 31, 2009

ⁿεŵ ŞΏйĞ

You know in church, when you sing the songs, and sometimes you just zone out. Like at the end of the song, somebody can ask you what song you just sang, and you have no idea... you just weren't paying attention. I must always do that to this song, because today when I listened to the Newsboys sing it, it just grabbed onto my heart. In Christ Alone...

In Christ alone, Who took on flesh, Fullness of God in helpless babe! This gift of love and righteousness, Scorned by the ones He came to save. Till on that cross as Jesus died, The wrath of God was satisfied; For ev'ry sin on Him was laid— Here in the death of C
hrist I live. There in the ground His body lay, Light of the world by darkness slain; Then bursting forth in glorious day, Up from the grave He rose again! And as He stands in victory, Sin's curse has lost its grip on me; For I am His and He is mine— Bought with the precious blood of Christ.

That's only the middle two verses. I wish I had this song so I could listen to it over and over again. I mean... "Scorned by the ones He came to save." When that phrase is sung, I get this picture in my head...

You're out at sea, your boat sank, and you're just floating there in your life jacket in stormy weather. Then this guy comes on a boat to save you. He reaches his hand out to save you and you completely reject him. But you don't just reject him, you call him names and cuss at him and are just a flat out jerk.

Seriously? He came to save you! There is no sense in not accepting his rescue! Why can we do this to Jesus? He came to rescue us, and we say "No thanks, I'm good. I'll just continue floating to shore."

Not me. I'm going to grab onto His hand and let Him save me.

(btw, just before I posted this, I figured I'd check on my Dell DJ to see if it was on there, and it was there! I'm so pumped!!!!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hear ya tony, its a wonderful song and an attention grabber when you actually listen to and read the lyrics. Its one of my favorites...:D

btw, i like the new layout of your blog...:P