Thursday, January 1, 2009

Worship Apparel

So last weekend some of us NBi students were asked to do worship for one of the family retreats. I didn't find out till Friday night, and we had to play that night... kinda pissed me off. But the weekend went great, worship went very well and all that jazz. Today I learn that somebody commented on my outfit for worship: a hat. Apparently appropriate apparel does not include hats.

It was suggested that I gauge my audience and dress appropriately. Understood. But, still... if a group comes in and it's a kilt party, there's no way I'll wear a kilt. I'll worship the way I want wearing what I want. I know that sounds kinda self-centered or selfish, but it's not. I'm just not going to conform to your "worship outfit standards." Please correct me if my thinking is wrong.

No comments: