Thursday, January 22, 2009

Summer Staff

Part of the NBI program is participating in the summer camps. We just got applications for summer staff positions. I'm really stuck on what to apply for. I can see myself doing all the jobs... just not happily or effectively for the whole summer. Here's the list of possible jobs:
  • Staff Director: basically I'd be the counselor for all the guys on summer staff. I'd work with them, hang with them, set up chapels, lead daily devo's with them... babysit them pretty much (or so I'm told)
  • Program Team: leads dinning hall stuff, chapel stuff, plan and run any games or activities. hanging with campers during free time
  • Climbing Wall
  • Maintenance
  • Shift Cook
  • CA outfitter
  • Tech Team
  • Dishroom
  • Canteen
  • Coffee bar
  • Wrangler
  • Craft Room
  • Health Care Supervisor
  • Lifeguard
  • Housekeeping
  • CA Guest Services
We were told to circle ones that we were willing to do, which I italicized here. Then they ask for your two top preferences. I bolded the two that I'm leaning towards, but I'm just so unsure. I want to do something that I'd be good at, would enjoy, that would challenge me, that i'd be effective in... and yadda yadda ya. Any ideas at what you think I should do?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

i think you should be staff director...or program, you would be awesome at that...but i think you would be most effective in program...you have the skills and knowledge to lead like that, you also have the skills and knowledge to to do the staff one...i think it would be cool for either one...pray about it if you are unsure, ask God for guidance...

Tony Nelson said...

The thing is I know I'd be good at either one of those, I just don't know which one to put as my first preference.

Adam said...

Yah man, I agree with Jesse. You could easily go with staff or program director. You are esily qualified for both!!!! Just as long as can can come on vacation with us again this year!!!!! If you cant then quit!!! lol j/k j/k But seriously, do you like peanut butter????

Anonymous said...

Ask Jeremy--he is thinking about applying for a summer staff position too. maybe you could do something together?? how bout if i come up and work there this summer-i can do the music-lol maybe someday you will have your own camp??? that is one of dad's dreams. call me when you can!!! mom

Unknown said...

i love peanut butter...JELLY TIME!!!

hahahaha

but i think you should put program as ur first...

Jon said...

1. Pray
2. What is your GOAL for the
summer?
3. Write out what each job entails
4. Write down the parts of each job
that you think you'll succeed at.
5. Write down the parts of each job
that you think you'll struggle.
6. Buy me food
7. I'll let you know what I think

By the way, it looks like Jason is coming back to SBR the same week as we are. Yeah!!

Anonymous said...

Program.
That's what you do best.

Anonymous said...

This is Faith Nelson Tony's little sister. I think you should be a lifeguard just to make people laugh.lol just kidding