Thursday, January 21, 2010

Mourning

There has been the death of somebody near and dear to my heart. He's been with me for around six months, and in that time I've grown very fond of him. We've been through good times, through bad, through thick and thin. He's always been there when I needed him, of course except when I forgot to bring him with me. He's been such a nourishment to my soul, hydrating me whenever I needed it most. He always brought relief to me and satiated my thirst. If you haven't discovered it yet, I'm talking about the Royal Mug. A gift to me from my old classmate and friend, Rachel Peterson. I've been blessed by this gift. It has served me well these past six months, and it saddens me to say good bye. What caused this terrible death? He looks fine in this photo, eh? Well, there's a crack in him. The doctors say it can't be fixed. We're just trying to spend as much time together before he's gone. We're expecting him to last through tomorrow, so the funeral will be held Sunday. If anybody would like to attend the funeral, let me know and I can give you more information. Sending cards would be appreciated as well. Sending money to help with funeral costs would be helpful as well. To the rest of the world out there, live long and prosper.

I will miss you, Regal Gobblet.

No comments: