Thursday, September 11, 2008

Biblical Theology

So I just finished up with my first class of the day, Biblical Theology. A few things stuck out to me, and I just thought I would share them with you, my loyal fans.

1. Let's say that one day you come up to me and say, "Tony, I don't believe you exist." What am I going to say back to you? What the heck can I say to you? I mean... hello, I'm right in front of your face, what do you mean I don't exist. Why then, do we say that to God? Why do we demand He proves his existence to us? It's just rediculous, God is all around us. We see God in nature, we see God in fellow Christians, we see God in the Bible. He is in plain sight, but we still tell Him to prove his existence to us. How ludicrous. (btw, I do this all the time)

2. Say I'm married. I'd give gifts to my wife because I love her. I don't give gifts so that I love her. A big struggle for me (and many I know), is that we don't get "the feeling." Often I wonder where the feeling is. To me that says I don't have the love. I'm searching for the feeling to get the love, when it should be the other way around.

There's ideas like this that God shows to me. I hate it because I understand them... but I just really don't get them. I continually seek God in ways that don't work. I don't get why I can't get it. Arg.

No comments: