Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Me Me Me... and a Mentor


This place is starting to get me in the habit of thinking more. It's good. Any time I used to have to just sit and stare out of a window, I'd instead spend it mindlessly staring at TV. I really love not having TV here, but that's beside the point. So getting into the habit of thinking more is what I'm working on. I seem to resist taking time to do devotionals, or to just sit and talk with God, or to just simply sit there and think. I'm mad at myself for that. I love thinking. What's my problem? Why can't I just take some time and go off by myself? Well... I'm going to try my hardest to do that. Also I'm going to have some help...

At the beginning of the year, we were encouraged to get a mentor for the year. I didn't consider it. At all. Up until about a week ago, the idea popped into my mind again. I just couldn't shake this idea of getting a mentor for this year. So I thought about it and discussed it with a few people, and I've decided to get one. Today I asked somebody to be my mentor, he agreed, and I'm excited to get started. He told me having a mentor is my choice, and his role and responsibilities are up to me. It's so strange for me telling somebody how I want them to function in my life. But I need it. He asked me to email him what I want this set up to look like, I'll post it when I figure out what I need a mentor to do for me.

No comments: