Friday, September 19, 2008

Insights

Here is a list of all of the "insights" I've had here at NBI so far. They aren't just insights I've had. Some are things I've realized, some are me revealing what I feel about certain things, some are crazy awesome things my teachers have said. Some are just random whatevers. Here they are:

  • I feel like I'm missing out on something because I've always been in church.
  • Problems in relationships root in lack of forgiveness and holding on to bitterness and unsolved issues
  • When you choose to follow God, don't expect an easy walk in the park.
  • Pharaoh says "Who is the Lord, that I should obey?"
  • Can God be trusted?
  • Disbelief is not rewarded
  • Truth is not debatable.
  • Don't believe all you hear
  • I've tried this one before "God, if you want me to do this, move the clock as a sign" How would you know if God moved it. If all satan has to do is move a clock, he'd do it.
  • Are you going to choose to bless yourself, or let God bless you?
  • Can you take care of yourself better than God can?
  • Many (by that I don't mean a few, I mean many... hundreds of thousands of millions of billions of trillions... ok maybe not that far, but many) believe they are Christians, but they aren't
  • I try to surround myself with people who support my sins--who justify my sins. Also, when I want to hear a certain answer, I'll ask somebody who I know will give me that answer.
  • Greed and Gluttony need to be defined. Is greed bad? What is considered greed?
  • Read the bible to know God, know yourself, and know HIs love for you
  • My heart is desperately wicked.
  • Life is deeper than I think
  • Don't understand your love language. Understand the love language of the one you love.
  • If you can't see yourself clearly, watch out.
  • Don't reshape God, rather Discover Him.
  • Do you come up to me and say "Tony, I don't believe you exist"? Why do we do that to God. What is he supposed to say to us when we say that besides "uh... hello I'm right in front of you"
  • Worship because you love Him.
  • God is not here for your convenience.
  • Feeling comes after love. Why do we seek the feeling so that we may have love?
  • I truly have a blessed life.
  • The only reason you defy God is because you don't know what you're doing.
  • What are you in charge of? What's God in charge of? Now how important do you think you are?
  • Investigating the bible and Jesus Christ can only reveal truth.
Those aren't all of them, but that's all I have written down. Also, just because I understand all of these are important ideas/questions doesn't mean that I understand them and am changed. I'm just being loaded with so much new information, and new ways of thinking about things. I am changing and growing though!

No comments: