Saturday, September 20, 2008

Fasting got off to a slow start


This last Monday, I don't remember why, but this idea of fasting popped into my mind. On Tuesday one of the teachers said something, but it spoke to me like "Tony, you need to fast." Then Thursday it happened with another teacher. Then there was one more thing that happened, I don't remember what, that pushed me to fast. So I decided that today I was going to fast.

It started off great. I woke up, and actually remembered not to eat... that is until breakfast time came around. I was working in the kitchen today, and the boss told me I could go eat quickly. I was like "sweet, im famished." So I get my tray full of food, and as I'm pouring cereal into my bowl I think "Crap. I forgot I'm fasting today." I then stood there for a minute debating whether I should eat it or not. I figured... I have the food on my plate, I can fast tomorrow. The whole time I'm eating my food, I'm thinking "This isn't right. I shouldn't be eating this."

I continued eating it anyways, and planned on fasting tomorrow. Then I was talking to Jon about it, and basically he convinced me that I could just start then, and go until noon tomorrow. So since then thing's have been going... interesting. Man, I'm just so freaking hungry! I got food all around me, delicious food! I want to eat it all... so badly. But I've got a purpose today, a goal--I'm going to succeed.

I'm not sure if it's got anything to do with me fasting, but I really feel God tugging at me. I'm in a mode where I'm angrily challenging myself, my beliefs, and motives. Lets just leave it at this: It has been one interesting day.

1 comment:

Jon said...

God IS trying to get a hold of you ... count on it.