Sunday, September 28, 2008

Quest

Tonite I had Quest. In case you dont know what Quest is, its the high school youth group at ACC (ACC is the church silver birch is connected with). Im the worship leader there (in case you didn't know). We played "Grace Like Rain," "Surrender," and "Wonderful Cross." I didn't know Grace like rain until about 2 days ago, and thier verson of wonderfull cross was weird. but the night went well.

theres only one thing that bothers me tho: I remember Jon talking about why he doesn't do worhship during youth group. He said youth group is supposed to be an outward ministry, as in you are trying to get new people to come. New people aren't going to want to "worship" a God they don't know. I think most of the people that to to Quest know God, but they just dont seem to want to worship. I know i've been doing a bad job of leading them into worship, and not just playing lead guitar. But it just bothers me when I look out at the growd and see people looking bored out of their minds, starting at the ground, looking like that wish it would be over.

I lied, there' 2 things that bothered me. during small groups, it just seemed like most of the guys had no interest in discussing anything besides jokes. it seems so discouraging to minister to these guys who seem like they dont care. I want to help them be alive for christ and help them grow, but it just seems like they dont care. remind me again why i'm there? I know that even if they dont change now, i know what i'm ministering to them now will affect them in the future. and that just happens to be good enough for me.

i washed my truck today. took 2 hours to get mud off. drove it around a bit to air dry it. ended up on dirt road. truck dirty already. backed into a fence. night time. 2 weeks ago. broken tail light. haven't put gas in it since aug 28th.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the song Grace like Rain by Todd Agnew. It is an awesome song...at least I think it is.

I would have to agree with you on the worship during youth group. We did that for a while, and I would do the slides. But even here it did seem like not many people wanted to do it. And now that it is growing, I know for sure the newer kids probably wont want to do it either.

And the small group thing. Here it is turning into that. We split into small groups, and then in ours we do High/Lows, and then we just joke around and we dont discuss anything like last year when I was with Roger and Chip.

Tony, I think you should pray about it. Pray that God will fill you with th Holy Spirit when you are leading worship so you may do a better job at and. And that the students would get more involved in worship, and small groups.

Also, nice job on not puttin gas in since the 28th, more than a month! Also, the whole fence and tail light thing...SUCKS! And I hope you're having a blast there! And learning a LOT!

Love ya and miss ya bro!
Jesse Doodlepop

Anonymous said...

i hope you dont mind my commenting-but im gonna. even though I am not a kid anymore..I know how you feel. I was on worship team this past sunday and we sang , the stand. if you dont know it, i will send it to you.
anyway, prior to practice..during prayer, i prayed that we would all really worship, and that our worship might help the congregation to worship..so..it was the last song, and i looked out and saw some people truly worshipping..i saw your brothers worshipping..unless they had a twitch or something...and i just closed my eyes and thought about what i was singing
was i singing it TO GOD or to MYSELF..it was very emotional..some of the words are...what can i do, what can i say? and i thought..NOTHING..I am not worthy. as tears flowed...thats all I could think..