Friday, September 5, 2008

Invisible Blog

Hey guys, I just figured out that I can blog, it's just that I can't see anyone else's. I can log in and all that jazz, it's just when i type in tonynelson.blogspot.com or jonduey.blogspot.com it's blocked... So i shall be blogging. I'll see if I can get the techie here to unblock that, but I will continue to try to post all my exciting jazz for you.

So I'm moved in to Nicolet. It's my fifth day here. It seems like it's been longer. I'm getting to know the other 17 students, along with the staff, pretty quickly. I'm staying in the Chalet, which is above the Fix It. My specific room is called Cedar. My roommate is Luke Bihl. I already broke my bike. We're supposed to sign up to do some kind of ministry outside of SBR, and one called for a worship leader for the affiliated church's high school yg. I'm the only guy here that can play and sing... so I guess I'm up for it. I think they say we should expect to give about 4 hours to our outside ministry. I'm not sure if that's realistic for what I would want to do with them. At least it's an opportunity to lead some people into worship (and actually lead, i've been involved in being part of a worship team, just not leading it really).

Oh let's see... what else can I dump on you? The computers here are super slow, so if you want to donate a laptop to me, you would become my hero! My classes are: Bible Study 101 (Hermeneutics), Old Testament Survey, Bible Theology/Doctrine. We'll also be starting one more class next Friday, but I'm not sure what it is yet.

I really didn't know what to expect coming here, but the few expectations I did have (which I wouldn't know how to explain) are totally off. This place is such a change for me. It's not what I expected, but it's not better or worse. It's just what it is. It's gonna be a long year tho, that's all I know. That's all for now, folks

3 comments:

Jon said...

Yeah! I can live vicariously through you again!

Unknown said...

i miss you tony...
sucks that your bike broke...and if i had enough money...i would get you a laptop...
um...it was nice talking to you on the fone...and i cant wait to come visit you sometime soon!!

Anonymous said...

oh tony, you are going to grow and change so much this year. keep your eyes and heart open to what god has in mind for you. try new things and step out of your confort zone-it'll be so worth it. make this your time and cherish this opportunity. it doesnt come twice. remember that i love you, and im always here for you. call me any time you wanna talk or vent or tell me what you learned. keep me up to date!! it's really wierd not having you around again...but i know its what you want AND need. i love you so much, call me soon!!! XOXO